As specified in FBC’s Personnel Handbook
The Student Pastor/Associate Pastor will develop a Family ministry that creates an environment in which all members are equipped to be a part of the spiritual and ministerial mission of the church, with a special emphasis on equipping the youth and young adults. He will also work with leaders at every level to develop educational programs with a Biblical emphasis.
The primary focus is to equip, educate, and empower the families and youth to become ambassadors for Christ to the surrounding community through the study of God's Word.
Plan and oversee monthly and annual activities for youth, young adults, and families (as needed). These activities may include, but are not limited to, conferences, concerts, service projects, mission trips, and other activities that enhance the overall goals of the family ministry.
Oversee and lead discipleship activities/programs including but not limited to:
- Develop a Personal Discipleship Program (mentorship)
- Lead/Train/Oversee the High School Youth groups on Sunday mornings/evenings
- Lead/Train/Oversee the Middle School Youth
- Lead/Train/Oversee the Children’s church
- Lead the Young Adults
- Outreach/Evangelism to the community
- Come alongside parents to help them nourish their children with a Biblical mindset
- Assist Lead pastor
- Other duties as needed
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must have the desire to bring families closer to Jesus and further develop their relationships with Him.
- Must have a desire for the youth.
- Must demonstrate high trustworthiness and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must be a self-starter and can set timetables and accomplish them.
- Must be able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Must display a pleasing public appearance and demeanor.
- Must be able to readily adapt to changing requirements, needs, and new technologies.
- Must adhere to 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9.
- Must agree with FBC’s Statement of Faith and Constitution.
- Experience is recommended, but we will work with you if God is calling you to pastoral ministry.
Salary will be based on experience and education.
Dr. W.M. Lingenfelter, Lead Pastor
Address: First Baptist Church of Benson
983 S. Ocotillo Ave.
Benson, AZ 85602